[scribus-dev] Scribus 1.4

Henning Schröder henning.schroeder at gmail.com
Sun May 18 23:25:45 CEST 2008

> Am 18.05.2008 um 18:12 schrieb Christoph Schäfer:
>
>> Hi gang,
>>
>> As you know, I wasn't able to attend the strategy discussion at
>> LGM. However, I heard/read rumours that it's been contemplated to
>> release 1.3.5 as 1.4. To be honest, I think this would be a really
>> bad idea. It might even damage Scribus's reputation.

Postponing releases can also damage one's reputation.
I think that 1.4 is only a number and there is nothing wrong
in changing plans if there are good reasons
(e.g. time-based vs. feature-based releases).

For a KDE develloper the switch from Qt3 to Qt4 would justify
calling the new release 2.0 ;-)

--
Henning