[scribus-dev] Scribus e.V.: Founding meeting

"Christoph Schäfer" christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Wed Sep 17 17:45:40 CEST 2008

Hi guys,

The next issue to discuss is who will participate in the founding meeting. We need seven people, ideally from Europe, as there will have to be some back-and-forth sending of snail mail before we can register the e.V.

I suggest:

Franz Schmid

Craig Bradney

Andreas Vox and/or Jean Ghali and/or Peter Linnell

Alessandro Rimoldi

Maciej Hanski

Christoph Schäfer

Others may very well attend via IRC and participate in discussions (if there are any, as I try to resolve all potential issues in advance by posting them here), but for the registration we only need 7 people, and every additional offical participant would slow down the process.

Rationale: There should be some participants who are not a member of the development team, and there's no question about Alessandro's and Maciej's dedication. I also think there should be at least one member of the association in the managing committee, who is no member of the development team. This may also be important for the tax office, as it would demonstrate that the e.V. isn't just a vehicle to collect money and distribute it among the developers (which is, of course, ridiculous, but one never knows).

We should also discuss the persons we want to elect for the management committee. I suggest to elect one of the major developers, eg. Franz, Craig, Andreas, Jean or Peter, one person that is not a member of the development team, ie. Alessandro or Maciej, and me. Personally, I want to make one thing clear: I only added myself to this list because I have to do the legwork over here. I'll gladly hand this job over to others, once everything is up and running. Unless someone wants to travel over here, we have no choice, as the person who will register the e.V. and create the account has to do this in person.

Alternative suggestions are welcome, but we need to be prepared for the founding event very soon now.

Regards

Christoph