[scribus-dev] Scribus e.V.: application form and letterhead

"Christoph Schäfer" christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Sun Sep 21 18:52:59 CEST 2008

> Ok. I have a few remarks.
>
> I know what I miss. In the letterhead or in any use we're going to make of
> that signature (we do have the Scribus logo, and this is perfect), we are
> missing a punch line that would tell what we are, what this is.
>
> Example (only an example) :
> *Scribus e.V.*
> *"Official Association of the Scribus Project" *or*
> "Official Association Dedicated to Help Develop Scribus" *or*
> "Official Non-Profit Association Dedicated to Help Develop Scribus"
> **"Official Worldwide Association of the Scribus Project"*
> *whatever...

Good idea. Let's start a competition for the best description/slogan ...

> Plus, I don't know whether there are typographical rules in Germany about
> how large the mention "e.V." should be but if we could make that e.V almost
> disappear (it could well be reproduced in full with the address and phone
> number, etc. on that very same letterhead). I am only thiniking of the
> people unaware of German's administrative particularities...

Hmm, I think there are no "rules", but IMHO it is OK to tell people they're in contact with a non-profit organisation, not a company. On the other hand, you are right in that e.V. is probably meaningless for people outside Austria, Germany and Switzerland ... Wouldn't the punch line be sufficient? (I'm just thinking aloud).

> I am only trying to make that more "talkative" from the marketing stand
> point.
>
> I question the email address too. ev at scribus.info ... Maybe we could put
> scribusev at scribus.info?

That's up to Craig to decide. I'm fine with any solution.

> I think the address should mention the country.

Definitely, yes.

Many thanks for your suggestions so far!

Cheers

Christoph