[scribus-dev] svg plug-in: how to extend with text-as-text importing?

Matthew Brincke mabri11 at ymail.com
Fri Mar 11 19:59:41 CET 2011

Hello Scribus folks,

currently, the Scribus svg plug-in imports text as polylines. Therefore,
I'd like to extend it to import text as text because I need that functionality.
Firstly, is there someone already working on it (I don't want to duplicate
work)?
Secondly, is there a function available, accessible from plugins, that can
create text frames in the import area (e. g. as "sub-frame")?
Thirdly, is it feasible to do this work based on (and eventually for submission
to) Scribus 1.4(.x) (instead of Scribus 1.5), please? If yes, the preceding
questions are referencing the 1.4 branch, if not, the 1.5 branch.
Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

mabri