[Scribus] Templates

Günter Beine GeBeine
Sat Aug 9 23:26:36 CEST 2003

I tried out Scribus about a year or so ago and I was a bit disappointed. But
since v 1.0 is out, I really like it and I think it may become the standard
dtp program for linux - though there are still some problems.

One of them seems only to be a problem on my system as I didn't read a mail
complaining of templates or master pages.
It is quite easy to create a template (though the Edit window keeps up and
hinders the view). But after leaving editing, I can not do anything with such
a template. After applying a template, those pages correctly display the
frame borders, pictures, or what ever I put to the page, but I can not insert
any text into text frames or any picture into graphic frames and so on. The
menue items are not accessible.

Has anyone else suffered from this behavior? Or is it not an objective to have
frames that can be edited? I would like that feature (Quark has it).

Thanks for answering.

G?nter