[Scribus] bus error starting scribus

Paul paulf.johnson
Sat Jul 5 14:26:26 CEST 2003

Hi,

> o.k., I told you that I just know the use of a mouse, but if I type
> that, I get
>
> ralf# g++ /Users/ralf/helloworld.cpp -o -O2
> /Users/ralf/helloworld.cpp:1:26: qapplication.h: No such file or
> directory
> /Users/ralf/helloworld.cpp:2:21: qwidget.h: No such file or directory
> /Users/ralf/helloworld.cpp:3:25: qpushbutton.h: No such file or
> directory

> much better, isn't it?

Well, it does show something up ;-p

Okay, let's try this slightly differently.

1. Find where the header files are for Qt (echo $QTDIR should show it -
if it shows nothing, do what I say in (3))

2. Use on the command line

g++ /Users/ralf/helloworld.cpp -o hello -O2 -I$QTDIR/include -lqt

That tells g++ where to find the header files and which library to link
to.

3. Your machine doesn't know where Qt is. I know this works under Linux,
so something similar will work under OSX. You need to find where Qt is
(for arguments sake, say it's in /Users/ralf/Qt - it won't be, but it is
for demonstration purposes). Under linux, there is a file in /etc called
bashrc - this is not a hidden file, but to edit it, you must be logged
in as the administrator). The following lines need to be added

QTDIR=/Users/ralf/Qt
PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$PATH
MANPATH=$QTDIR/doc/man:$MANPATH
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$QTDIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export QTDIR PATH MANPATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH

logout and log back in. echo $QTDIR should return /Users/ralf/Qt

You should be able to follow instruction (2) now.

OSX is based on BSD (another un*x variant, so I'm guessing that the
setup of what is in what directory will be similar - if anyone knows
differently, please speak now!)

TTFN

Paul
--
The world is throwing away oppressive regimes
Which don't allow people to choose.