[Scribus] bus error starting scribus

Paul paulf.johnson
Sat Jul 5 18:36:11 CEST 2003

Hi,

> I found a file called .login
> 	setenv QTDIR /usr/local/qt
> 	setenv PATH $QTDIR/bin:$PATH
> 	setenv MANPATH $QTDIR/doc/man
> 	setenv DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH $QTDIR/lib

These will need to be changed to point QTDIR to wherever it is the base
of the qtdir is (i.e /sw/qt). You may need to add export QTDIR PATH
MANPATH DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH after the setenv statements, logout and log
back in before they work.

> > mv /usr/local/qt /sw should do it,
>
> I have reinstalled via Fink, so that qt finds freetype, cups etc.

Good oh.

> > but then you will need to reset where
> > $QTDIR points.
>
> Thats the problem now. First I removed the .login file and
> logged in again
>   ralf% echo $QTDIR
> QTDIR: Undefined variable.

I'd expect that - you've not defined it!

> After that I changed the .login but fink doesn't install one folder
> for qt but /sw/include/qt and /sw/share/qt3 and /sw/lib/qt3-plugins.
>
> So I don't know what to wrote for QTDIR.

/sw/include/qt (try ls /sw/include/qt - you should find some directories
in there called include, bin and lib)

TTFN

Paul
--
The world is throwing away oppressive regimes
Which don't allow people to choose.