[Scribus] SVG Export problems

Subash Jeyan nsjeyan
Fri Jul 11 16:43:57 CEST 2003

hi,

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 10:46:22 +0200
Maciej Hanski <ma_han2000 at yahoo.de> wrote:

> 1. SVG Export trashes all non ISO-8859-1 glyphs in the SVG output file
>
> (an attached screen shot  shows  a  correct  PDF output file above an
> incorrect SVG output file)
>
> 2. SVG Export seems to use only 1 font while creating a SVG file -
> regardless which font I used in Scribus
>
> 3. Wrong kerning in the SVG output file

i wouldn't know about non-ISO-8859-1 glyphs but i think that and the
other glitches have more to do with sodipodi than with the scribus
export.

i created sample types with the same fonts you've used, saved it as svg
and imported it into sodipodi, kword (can import svg images) and
(surprise) lyx-1.3.2 (converts svg images into eps images before
importing them). as you can see in the attached images, scribus export
seems to be fine as both kword and lyx pick up the fonts correctly,
though lyx does a far better job.

attached images:

sodipodi.png: the scribus svg export as picked up by sodipodi
kword.png: as picked up by kword
lyx.png: as picked up by lyx

regards, subash.