[Scribus] incompatible pdf generation

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef
Sun Mar 23 17:26:50 CET 2003

On 23 Mar 2003 16:14:20 +0000
Paul <paulf.johnson at ukonline.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > In attachment you can find such a scribus doc and the generated pdf
> > file. The same problem occured by using the font "Arial medium" and
> > style"italic" instead of "Arial medium italic", but that was
> > reproducable and hopefully fixed in the next release.
>
> When I pulled the .scd file into scribus (0.9.8 cvs) I was asked
> straight off if I wanted to substitute the font for Avantgarde. I did,
> generated the PDF and it's fine under Adobe.

Doesn't this just mean that you don't have the font "Century Schoolbook L
Medium Italic" on your system?
Anyway, it would seem this problem is related to a specific kind of fonts,
on my system this font (Century Schoolnook L Medium Italic) is found in
/usr/share/fonts/default/Type1/c059033l.afm (and c059033l.pfb). So it's a
type 1 font, and another person on this list also mentioned problems on
his system with type 1 fonts.

Franky