[Scribus] Problem inserting tiff image

Franz Schmid Franz.Schmid
Thu Nov 13 00:05:09 CET 2003

Riku Leino (Tsoots) wrote:
> I'm trying to insert a tiff image to a document but have not managed to
> get it working. I'm using Scribus from cvs (checked out today) with
> Slackware Linux 9.1 and Gnome2.
>
> Here's what I do. First I start a new document. Draw a picture frame in
> there and select get image from the pop up menu. Now I browse to my tiff
> image and select it. After this I can't see the image in document, only
> plain white image frame. And if I try to import the page in pdf or eps
> format I'll get an error message when trying to view the page with some
> viewer. I did try also with 1.0.1 and had no problems with it.
> Now I'm wondering is it my system that's got something wrong in it or
> where's the problem. Is there anything else I should check and write
> here to make this information usefull. The document I created with the
> tiff image and exported eps and pdf files are available at
> http://koti.welho.com/rleino/tiftest.tar.gz
Examined it and found a workaround for your problem. Open your doc and select
the image then go to the image tab of the Properties palette and check
the "Scale to Framesize" checkbox, this makes your image appear.

Now you can uncheck the "Scale to Framesize" and scale as needed.

Best Regards,
Franz Schmid