[Scribus] config trouble

Steve Herrick steveh
Mon Oct 27 19:33:22 CET 2003

I can't install Scribus 1.1.1 on Yellow Dog 2.3. Here are the problematic lines
from ./configure...

checking for libart2-config... ./configure: error:: command not found
no

checking for FT_Get_First_Char in -lfreetype... no
checking for FT_Get_Next_Char in -lfreetype... no
configure: error: You need at least freetype 2.1.0

These should not happen, as I just went to considerable trouble to install
libart2 and freetype 2.1.4. Also, I figured out how to use
--with-libart2-config=DIR, and get this... sometimes it works, and sometimes it
doesn't.

I used unzip, untar, configure, make, make install (as root) for both. Both show
libraries in /usr/local/bin.

Steve