[Scribus] Compile Error - Finally Success

Joe Villari joev_nylxs
Sun Sep 28 22:56:55 CEST 2003

> Did you remove the old version you had installed on your system?  0.9?
> If your original Scribus was installed by your Linux distro, you should
> remove it first with rpm -e scribus, if it's a rpm based distro.
> Probably now you have two versions installed, because your distro
> installed in one location and the compile installs in another.  It seems
> to be finding your original install first, to start.
>
> To get 1.1.0 to run, you will need to start it from a shell with the
> exact location.  Like this:  /usr/local/bin/scribus (that is the default
> install on a compile, unless you tell it different)
>
> Patrick

Thanks Patrick.

I had to use the --prefix /usr switch inorder to get scribus to compile.
Running /usr/bin/scribus start 1.1.0.

I'd like to take this time to thanks every one who helped me get this
going. It was well worth the effort. My biggest compliant was that the
font rendering was to poor for my work. I can finally see what I'm doing
and really start moving my work away from Quark into Open Source software.

Thanks
Joe