[Scribus] URW Symbols font problem

Martin Costabel costabel
Sat Apr 10 12:32:49 CEST 2004

kavec at messi.uku.fi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I really like Scribus and would like to use it to prepare my (scientific)
> presentations and posters. For that I very often use Symbols font.
>
> I downloaded the latest version of urw fonts and added the font path to it in
> Scribus-1.1.6. I put a text frame in a plain A4 page and try to use "Standard
> symbols L regular" font, but no characters appear while typing. The rest of theo

Do you have a keyboard with keys for the symbols? What characters do you
expect to appear? Some of them may be accessible via the Alt or AltGr
modifier key, but in general the encoding is sufficiently different so
that they are not accessible from a standard keyboard.

> fonts from the library works fine, except Dingbats and Symbols, but I am the
> most concerned of Symbols.

If you open Extras->Insert Special, do you see the symbols? If yes, you
can insert them from there.

--
Martin