[Scribus] Installing Scribus 1.2 on OSX 10.3.5 using Fink Commander

Jeremy Sellors jksellors
Sun Aug 29 06:33:24 CEST 2004

I am trying to install Scribus 1.2.
The Packages window shows for scribus? Installed: none, Latest:
1.2-11, Binary 1.1.5-11.
I had previously installed scribus 1.1.5 using the "Install" menu item
of the Binary menu. This version worked fine.
I had trouble upgrading and so I have "removed" the old version.
I then selected scribus and chose "Install" from the Source menu.
Fink Commander returned as follows:
The following package will be installed or updated:
  scribus
The following 8 additional packages will be installed:
  libjpeg libjpeg-bin qt3 qt3-designer qt3-doc qt3-linguist xfree86
  xfree86-shlibs
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
curl -f -L -O
http://distfiles.master.finkmirrors.net/scribus-1.2.tar.bz2

-- snip downloading

dpkg -i
/sw/fink/dists/stable/main/binary-darwin-powerpc/graphics/libjpeg_6b
-16_darwin-powerpc.deb
/sw/fink/dists/stable/main/binary-darwin-powerpc/graphics/libjpeg-
bin_6b-16_darwin-powerpc.deb
Selecting previously deselected package libjpeg.
(Reading database ... 5010 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking libjpeg (from .../libjpeg_6b-16_darwin-powerpc.deb) ...
Selecting previously deselected package libjpeg-bin.
Unpacking libjpeg-bin (from .../libjpeg-bin_6b-16_darwin-powerpc.deb)
Setting up libjpeg-bin (6b-16) ...

Setting up libjpeg (6b-16) ...
dpkg -i
/sw/fink/dists/stable/main/binary-darwin-powerpc/x11-system/
xfree86_4.3.99.16-2_darwin-powerpc.deb
/sw/fink/dists/stable/main/binary-darwin-powerpc/x11-system/xfree86-
shlibs_4.3.99.16-2_darwin-powerpc.deb
(Reading database ... 5037 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking xfree86 (from .../xfree86_4.3.99.16-2_darwin-powerpc.deb) ...
WARNING: if you compile X11 applications against this XFree86 release,
you will *not* be able to run them if you decide to revert to Apple's
X11 provided with Panther.

You have an existing X11 installation in /usr/X11R6 and/or /etc/X11.
This package refuses to overwrite these. Remove them, then tell Fink to
install xfree86 again. (The package won't be recompiled.) If you want
to keep your X11 installation, install system-xfree86 resp.
system-xtools
instead to make this known to Fink's package system.

Press Return to continue.

I don't think I want to install XFree86
and I don't understand how to install system-xfree86 resp. system-xtools
and how to make this known to Fink's package system.
Can I get help getting scribus 1.2 installed?
Using Fink is all new to me so it could be something quite basic that I
do not understand. For instance, I noticed the Binary is still 1.1.5
should I wait till it is 1.2? or can I just use the "Source" menu
install?

Jeremy