[Scribus] Scripter and pdf

Plinnell scribusdocs
Mon Dec 6 23:06:25 CET 2004

On Monday 06 December 2004 23:08, Kobus Wolvaardt wrote:
> Hi
>
> The new scribus is really looking good. But unfortunately I have a few
> problems.
>
> I have been trying to get scribus pdf's to work with our printers. There
> are two web printing companies that we can print with, but both of their
> rips flush scribus pdf's (both pdf 1.3 and 1.4). Have there been any
> luck on APS Graphix RIP's (from agfa I think) they run ver 5.3 and 6.

<snip>

The issue simply might be their RIP version is too old. There have been any
number of printers on the list who have said they have tested Scribus files
and they output without issue.

Uniformly, they are newer updated RIP's which rarely have problems handling
print oriented PDF 1.4 features.

That said, you are welcome to contact me off list and I can perhaps test some
of your files.

Cheers,
Peter