[Scribus] Scribus review on Low End Mac

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach
Tue Dec 28 09:54:00 CET 2004

Dnia wtorek, 28 grudnia 2004 08:18, Craig Bradney napisa?:
> On Tuesday 28 December 2004 04:19, Gabriel Gazz?n wrote:
> > At 19:04 27/12/2004, you wrote:
> > >Our final worry is that it doesn't support proprietary color
> > > standards such as Hexachrome or Pantone -- and likely never will."
> >
> > Can't these features ever be supported via proprietary plugins in the
> > future? I mean provide some good API planned just for that, waiting
> > for someone to come in and do it?
> > (perhaps I'm asking for something that's absolutely not feasible...)
>
> Its not about the code, its about the fee/royalties/large sums of cash
> that need to be paid to use the systems.

I understand but maybe some day Scribus will be so popular that
commercial firm will wrote closed, not-free plugin. And some users will
prefer to pay money for plugin to Scribus than $BIGSUM for whole
system like Quark or InDesign.

m.
Vim Universal Templates
CLEWN - http://clewn.sf.net