[Scribus] Alternate Scribus Logo, Splashscreen, Icons

Paul Davidson linux
Sat Feb 7 02:57:29 CET 2004

Thanks for the comments, everyone.  I've made a "darker" version of the logo and splashscreen, you can find them in "scribusdark.tar.gz":
http://www.hiddenfortress.net/clients/scribus/
http://www.hiddenfortress.net/clients/scribus/files/scribusdark.tar.gz (the exact file link)

Again, just overwrite the files in /usr/local/lib/scribus/icons/.

>if you create something 'more rounded' to integrate into my Noia
>desktop look I'll be very happy :)
>http://kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=3883

Petr: I might do a Noia version later; right now, this icon is part of a larger KDE icon set I'm working on.

>Did you create this in scribus?

Danny: no, Scribus, being a desktop publishing program, isn't really appropriate for complex raster or vector graphics. The splashscreen was made in Photoshop, the icon in Illustrator.  I do look forward to the day when I'll be able to use open source applications to make this sort of thing.

>Is the SVG broken? I just get a sold blue piece over the book. When I
>move it out of the way it looks a lot better (ie i can see the pend and
>S etc) :)
>
>Craig

Craig: I exported the SVG file from Illustrator, in case anyone had a use for it. Supposedly KDE kind of works with SVG icons, though I haven't figured out how. But I'm not sure Illustrator made the SVG file properly.

>Agree with others comments about the lightness -- I don't know where all
>the interest in pastel colors on computer screens has come from, but I
>find it bland and too XP-ish (or OSX-ish). Fortunately it should be a
>passing fad.
>
>Gregory Pittman

And here I was purposely avoiding garish, XP-style, retina-burning day-glo colours! :)

Paul Davidson