[Scribus] Qt 3.3 - the morning after

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Fri Feb 13 20:50:11 CET 2004

After "successfully" installing Qt 3.3, the next phase came when I
booted up again today, at which time kdeinit failed, which I rightly
presumed was due to kdeinit not finding qt where it thought it should be.

There is a line in ~/.qt/qtrc that needs to say where to find the plugins

There are a collection of links in /usr/bin, all beginning with 'q' that
need to be redirected (qmake, qm2ts, qtrename140, qtconfig, qt20fix).

And lastly, there is a line in /etc/ld.so.conf that refers to the qt/lib
that needs changing, after which you run /sbin/ldconfig.

So now KDE is working again.

I still have old /usr/bin/qtdoc and /usr/bin/qtcups -- ? not sure yet.

Gregory Pittman