[Scribus] Scribus can't see libart 2.0

Owen rcook
Wed Jan 7 03:12:39 CET 2004

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004 18:32:15 -0500
Kevin Walzer <kevin at wordtechweb.com> wrote:

> I have copied libart 2.0 into my Scribus 1.1.4  directory, and it
> should be working; it was included in a KDE-Darwin build, so I'm
> assuming it should run on my system. But Scribus complains it's not
> there when it's trying to build. Can anyone help? My error messages are
> below.

Sorry, I do not know the KDE-Darwin build, but
you can't copy libart into some odd directory and expect it to work.
You should have pkgconfig installed on your system
When libart is/was installed, an entry is made so that other programs can "find" libart, eg

/usr/lib/pkgconfig/libart-2.0.pc

and the entry is something like this

Name: libart
Version: 2.3.16
Libs: -L${libdir} -lart_lgpl_2
Cflags: -I${includedir}/libart-2.0

So, where is your libart? Where is the libart-2.0.pc file and is that in your library search path, check /etc/ld.so.conf (as root #ldconfig -v)

HTH

Owen

--
Owen