[Scribus] lively debate

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sun Jan 11 18:38:41 CET 2004

Steve Herrick wrote:
> Quoting Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com>:
>

>>It would seem there could be some kind of cake-and-eat-it-too solution
>>to this, such as having each text box link to an external file, and
>>retain that link, so that you could save from the text box to an
>>external file, or reload from the file to the text box.
>

> The problem I see with this is, where would you store information like kerning, font, size,
> linespacing, etc.? In the original file, or in a Scribus file?
>
> Steve

I see what you mean, but emacs could certainly handle all the tags even
if they were exported to a text file. It would sort of amount to having
a more digestible .sla mini-file.

It could also lead, perhaps, to a better visual design of .sla files.
Right now, they're obviously not generated to be easily read by humans,
with all the tags smashed together and the use of "^E" for carriage
return mixed in with the text.

Gregory Pittman