[Scribus] SCD2PDF

Michael Below mbelow
Tue Mar 16 15:22:18 CET 2004

Seil Marc <marc.seil at tudor.lu> writes:

> I took the initialisation procedures of the scribus main.cpp file and after
> the pdf. The GUI by now is reduced to the splash
> screen, pdf export menu and file select window. In a next step I would like to
> remove all the gui functionalities and create a command line tool to
> generate the pdfs. At the moment I think that the initialisation
> procedure ( limiting to non gui functionalities) will be the hardest, due to
> the fact that I'm new to the scribus internals.

Wouldn't it be possible to add an option to the normal scribus
program?  You are creating a separate tool that would need separate
maintenance. Why not add an option "--export-pdf" to scribus, which
would cause scribus to open no window etc.? Then you wouldn't need to
remove any gui functionality.

Michael