[Scribus] CVS compiling ... 2004.03.17

ephemeron ephemeron
Thu Mar 18 10:32:17 CET 2004

On 17. March 2004 at 11:03PM +0100,
petr at yarpen.cz wrote:

> On Thursday 04 of March 2004 09:54, steve wrote:
> > VANEK Petr wrote:
> > >imho you should expect a lot of problems with scribus
> > >building on debian...

You should qualify it by Debian version.  I've had no problems
(that weren't fixed by the next CVS upgrade) compiling Scribus on
Debian Testing or Unstable.  And by the Debian definition Scribus
is unstable software (that is, it's still being improved and not
just patched because of security issues).

> > I just built 1.1.5 (from source) on Debian at work, and had
> > no problems at all.

I think most problems building Scribus on Debian comes from
(well-meaning) people giving advice intended for rpm-based
systems (Fedora, Mandrake, etc.).  For example, get foo-devel
when what you need is libfoo-dev.