[Scribus] Rotis: font-problem

Ralf Höling hoeling
Sat Mar 20 18:20:50 CET 2004

Hi Peter!
Am 20.03.2004 um 18:10 schrieb Peter Linnell:

> No, what I would recommend is buying  Open Type fonts in the future.

The problem is, that this font is not available as OpenType and I want
especially this font and no other.
> (...)
>
> Scribus does a very good job of supporting OTF (thanks Franz!)
> Scribus can
> access all the glyphs in an Open Type Font, as well as embed them
> properly in
> EPS, PS and PDF (a tough issue to solve btw).

But Scribus is the only application I use, that doesn't want to
recognize AgfaRotis and I want this font.
Even Inkscape and Sodipodi work well with this font, only Scribus
doesn't. In Mac-Applications I never recognized a problem either.

> One of my grumbles with OSX, is Apple wrapped their OTF fonts in a
> .dfont
> format - but that's another story.
>
> There are two methods I can think of for converting Mac fonts to TTF:
>
> 1. Cross-font.  Which is a shareware application which runs on
> Windows. This
> handles Mac PS > TTF pretty well.

I will try.

> 2.  There is a freeware app called dfonter or something like that,
> which
> unwraps the .dfont package around MacOSX OTF fonts, so they are usable
> in X11
> and Windows

There is no .dfont with AgfaRotis.

> Sorry I do not have links here, but will add them to scribus.net when
> I have
> them.

No problem.

> Hope that helps,