[Scribus] Scribus fonts on a Thai Redhat distro

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Mon Mar 29 21:59:17 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 24 March 2004 08:50 am, Adrian+Bea Korten wrote:
> Good day,
>
> I downloaded and installed v1.0.1 of Scribus a few
> months ago but didn't get a chance to try it until
> now. However, I'm not able to do much testing because
> of a lack of fonts available.
>
> The distro is Linux TLE, a Thai distribution with a
> Redhat v8 base. The only fonts that available for use
> are the Thai fonts and some symbol fonts. I have
> specified another directory where a Roman character
> font (Gentium.ttf) is located. It does not seem to
> find it.
>
> Is this a problem with the locale? How can I fix it?
> I've looked back through the archives until October
> and have not seen a similar problem.
>
> Adrian

The best thing would be to upgrade to a later version 1.1.6 was just released.
Note however, there are new dependencies including freetype2 and libart.

RedHat 8.0 and Scribus 1.0  were not easy to get the font paths correct. The
new fontconfig mechanism was still getting ironed out in that version. RH 9
and Fedora-1 are far better with Scribus.

Complete versions and requirements are spelled out in the documentation.

The 1.1.x versions also have support for Open Type fonts.

Hope that helps,
Peter