[Scribus] Color management in Scribus

mark mkimsal
Mon Nov 1 18:29:53 CET 2004

Craig Bradney wrote:

>On Monday 01 November 2004 16:38, mark wrote:
>

>>Craig Ringer wrote:

>>>It would be very helpful if you could let the list know what distro and
>>>version you're using, what Scribus version you're using, how you
>>>installed it (RPMs/DEBs, compiled from CVS, etc), and how you configured
>>>the compile if you compiled it yourself.
>>>

>>I have problems with lcms and scribus on Mandrake 10.1 installed via
>>RPMs.  liblcms1 is a dependency of the scribus rpm, and ldd
>>/usr/bin/scribus shows that it is linked to /usr/lib/liblcms.so.1.  When
>>Scribus is run there are no options for color management in any of the
>>GUIs.  Is there a way to get the ./configure line used to build the
>>application from the binary?  Like, scribus --config-line would be a
>>nice option to have for debugging on various distros.
>>
>>versions:
>>liblcms1-1.13-1mdk
>>liblcms1-devel-1.13-1mdk
>>libscribus0-1.2-2mdk
>>scribus-1.2-2mdk
>>
>>I have also tried building from CVS as of last thursday, but the
>>resulting binary segfaults.
>>

>Have you set up a colour profiles directory and put some profiles in there?
>Grab the Adobe ones from their website as they are a good start.
>
>Craig

I have two icc files in /usr/lib/scribus profiles.  One is
AdobeRGB1998.icc and one is my own delld800.icc (also there's a copy
with .icm extension).  My own file was generated from the little cms
tool qtmonitorprofiler from the lprof-1.09 package.  I have tried
varying permissions on the files, including 777.