[Scribus] Feature needed in Scribus

Greg Hill bettyandgreg
Wed Nov 10 15:09:01 CET 2004

Thanks for the input. Glad to hear they have included it in version 1.3.
I will definitely be downloading the latest version...just to get this
feature.
Although the scrapbook is a good idea, I find there is always the danger that
you can put something in there just to get out of the way temporarily (for
example, when trying to select the item below it, and then forget to paste it
back into the document.) If it's on the pasteboard and "in-your-face" your
less likely to put it back in. I always do a pasteboard "cleanup" before
finalizing the project, just to make sure nothing was forgotten. Also, I find
it easier to design if all the elements are laid out on the pasteboard before
I begin, rather than have to go to a separate folder to retrieve each
separate element.(This can be time consumiong, as well!) Each of the elements
is then "dragged into" the document as required. But, hey, these are only my
own preferences,. I realize that everyone has their own way of working. I
find Scribus by far the best program so far for designing in Linux. Kudos to
all the developers involved! Have a great Wednesday!

--
Greg Hill

The impossible just takes a little longer, but the results are worth the
effort!