[Scribus] Newbie trying to open .eps files

Craig Ringer craig
Tue Nov 16 04:06:21 CET 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-16 at 02:28, Matt Muchowski wrote:
> Hi I'm a new user of the latest version of
> Scribus and have been trying to import a .eps
> (encapsulated postscript) file into it so I can
> edit it.

[snip]

> GNUGhostscript 7.07 (2003-05-17)

There's your first issue. Grabbing gs 8.x is probably a good idea - I
found the improvements to be enormous when importing EPS files.

> WM_GSTEXTINDEX not implemented
> Displaying DSC file
> /home/rockgod/Pictures/boycott.eps without pages
> error: /undefined in d'
> operand stack:
[snip]

Absolutely no idea what that means, sorry.

> any ideas, suggestions, tips, or ways to make it
> so I can edit this .eps file in Scribus would be
> much appreciated.

Upgrading GhostScript is definitely the first thing to do before
spending time on any other approaches.

--
Craig Ringer