[Scribus] Erratic handling of images

Sandip Bhattacharya sandip
Tue Nov 16 16:16:23 CET 2004

Craig Bradney wrote:
> On Tuesday 16 November 2004 15:55, Sandip Bhattacharya wrote:
>> This is happening frequently to me. Sometimes when I click to select a line
>> art or image etc., apart from selecting, the figure also suddenly becomes
>> disfigured - as if the width or height was suddenly reduced to a small
>> value.
>>

>> Is there something I should be doing to prevent this? I use the shape lock,
>>   but this problem sometimes happens inspite of that. Apart from the fact
>> that to set the lock, I need to select it in the first place. :)
>>
>> Before any other undo feature, I would really request to get undos of shape
>> changes in place.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>   Sandip
>
> Put simply, upgrade to CVS, some of the issues you are raising are fixed
> there. Undo isnt fixed and the changes wont be there for awhile.. wont be in
> 1.2.x, only in 1.3.

I have upgraded to v1.2.1cvs, build-id-11, november 2004, downloaded
yesterday and built into a FC2 RPM. The problem exists there too.

I am loving every moment using Scribus, and have been designing all my
office stationary using it. But IMHO, lack of an undo is a real show
stopper in an editing and a DTP app.

- Sandip

--
Sandip Bhattacharya    *    Puroga Technologies   *     sandip at puroga.com
Work: http://www.puroga.com        *         Home: http://www.sandipb.net

PGP/GPG Signature: 51A4 6C57 4BC6 8C82 6A65 AE78 B1A1 2280 A129 0FF3