[Scribus] Memory Leak in Scribus 1.2

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sat Nov 20 22:36:39 CET 2004

Mia Travers wrote:

> Hi all;
>
> I am struggling with what appears to be a memory leak in Scribus 1.2.
> When I open a specific file (a catalog), Scribus seems to lock up and
> eventually exits without error.  A review of /var/log/messages reveals
> that Linux killed scribus because it was out of memory.  This did not
> occur until recently (well after all images were added).  I tried
> adding 200MB of additional swap files to no avail.
>
> Scribus seems to be in a loop leaking memory at 93% of the way through
> available.  I am using Fedora Core 2.

Make sure that your partition(s) with /var or /tmp are not full.  I
recently had a problem where I could not print anything with FC2.  It
turned out that my /var partition was full, due to the fact that I had
not run 'yum clean packages'.  Yum does not automatically delete
downloaded rpms, you have to do it manually.

Greg