[Scribus] trick for good quality photos

vaise at votreservice.com vaise
Thu Nov 25 12:55:28 CET 2004

I have some photographs created with a digital camera, and a postscript color
laser printer.
If I print the picture alone from The Gimp quality is ok.
but from Scribus it was not very nice (darker)
if I do : Scribus "export as pdf", then printing with lpr -> not nice
-> So here is a trick : do Scribus "export as pdf", then print the pdf
document with The Gimp. Quality is back !

There must be some good work in The Gimp images processing . As long it is
GPL, could these routines be usefull for Scribus ?