[Scribus] typography/printing-glossary

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Fri Nov 26 05:01:15 CET 2004

Hi everybody,

the art of printing and typography has a long history and very special
terms came into being over time. Terms you can't look up in a
dictionary. Electronic Data Processing added more than a few words to
the printing business, and it's sometimes hard to ask questions here
about detailed functions required by publishers/printers simply because
of the inappropriate knowledge of special terms in English.

I'd like to suggest a community project (probably a database) including
a glossary of typography/printing terms in different languages.

I suppose that such a project could also speed up scribus documentation
in as many languages as possible.

Any ideas?

Regards

Christoph