[Scribus] Paragraph styles by python script

Craig Ringer craig
Fri Nov 26 16:21:28 CET 2004

http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=1283

>p.s.: small warning releted to the help() function - you need to run Scribus
>from console to see this outputs.

Petr, do you mean that commands must be run from the script console, or
that Scribus must be run from a terminal session?

If the former, then sure - that's the most useful way to get the
documentation, though you can also use PyDoc to generate HTML if you
like. As for running it from a terminal, that shouldn't be necessary to
see the help() output, though it will be required to see warnings from
scripts run using Execute Script so it's generally a good idea. You
should just be able to use 'help()' from the script console with no issues.

>Help() expects that you press "q" after
>reading finished so it may "freeze" Scribus.

Interesting. I've found that when run from the script console or another
output source Python considers 'non-interactive', it doesn't tend to
prompt for input but rather dumps the entire output of help() to the
script console at once. I'd be interested in knowing what circumstances
you find it prompts you under.

--
Craig Ringer