[Scribus] Taking over pictures from OOo

Craig Bradney cbradney
Fri Nov 26 22:56:48 CET 2004

On Friday 26 November 2004 18:25, Eilert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This morning I got a text from someone in Word format to be inserted
> into a document in Scribus. Usually I save the text in UTF-8 and format
> it new in Scribus.
>
> There was a picture included which I would have liked to take over into
> the Scribus document. However, I didn't find a way to copy it from there
> and insert it into my Scribus document. Trying to copy it from there
> into Gimp failed, too, because I didn't know the size and resolution of
> the picture (it seems Gimp doesn't know a "make new picture from
> clipboard contents" - once I knew a prog that did this, but I don't
> remember the name).
>
> What would you do in this case?

Open it in OO.org and you can extract the image. I think theres a save as from
the GUI, but if not, just save as SXW and then unzip the sxw file, (unzip
filename.sxw). The image will be there in the filesystem then as some long
name in a Pictures directory. Another option is to save as HTML. Same effect
as you end up with html plus images.

As for the text, with 1.2cvs you should be able to copy paste from OO.org to
scribus text frames or story editor, or import the OO.org file into a text
frame, including formatting.

Craig