[Scribus] Question about PDF Export - Compress text...

Craig Bradney cbradney
Thu Oct 7 10:01:36 CEST 2004

On Thursday 07 October 2004 08:02, Carol Kankelborg wrote:
> I have a question about the "Compress text and vector graphics" checkbox in
> the PDF Export dialog.  Should I select that option for the PDF I generate
> to send to my printer (actually more of a copy shop) or should I leave it
> unselected?  Is the compression lossless or lossy?  I want to generate the
> best possible PDF but I also don't want to generate a bigger file than I
> have to.

You have some options for the Image compressions, Auto, JPEG, Zip, None. Auto
checks both JPEG and Zip and uses the smallest. Zip will not get much on some
image file types. If you use JPEGs they will be included from the disk and
not recompressed.

Compressing text doesnt change the quality just the size.

Craig