[Scribus] Python and configure

Rainer Heilke rheilke
Thu Oct 21 06:44:19 CEST 2004

Rainer Heilke wrote:

> Plinnell wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday 20 October 2004 23:41, Owen wrote:

>>> I think there was a similar problem when Python went from 2.2 to 2.3
>>>
>>> Don't understand configure schema, but maybe if you changed these
>>> lines to
>>> show 2.4 in lieu of 2.3, it may also fix the problem.
>>>

>>> if test -z ""2.3""; then
>>>  version="1.5"
>>> else
>>>  version=""2.3""
>>> fi
>>>

>> Bug submitted: http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=1234
>>
>> Please add comments or fixes.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Peter
>>
> Thanks for logging the "bug".
>
> I actually tried changing the above lines, but that didn't seem to fix
> the issue properly. I also don't understand the configure schema, so I
> didn't want to pursue this too deeply. I'm honestly not much of a
> programmer at all, so... My hack solves the issue well enough for now.
>
> Thanks for the replies (to both of you).

Actually, let me correct that. Seems it was a combination of the change
in configure and the links that did the trick. I just ran configure
again (after doing the CVS), and it failed again.  So, I went through
the configure script and changed all entries of 2.3 and 2_3 (if they
were Python-related) to 2.4 or 2_4. That worked without any errors, and
I've now started the make.

So, it is an easy fix, but more than just the above lines...

Rainer