[Scribus] Links to text files

Craig Bradney cbradney
Tue Sep 14 18:48:57 CEST 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-14 at 18:26, Jimmy Shadbolt wrote:
> We've coded the ability to make the content of text boxes be linked to
> files. This is in version 1.2.

> This gives a tickbox in the "Get Text" popup that is ticked if you want
> a link. If ticked, then the text will be read in when you open the
> document (as for images). If you edit the text with the story editor,
> then when you close it the file will be updated.

Sounds ok to me. We would like to see the changes and possibly include
this. It would seem necessary to be able to Update Text as well if the
file is updated when the document is open, although Im not sure how you
have handled formatting application to the text.

> We're combining this with a modification of the html import to tie in
> paragraph styles in scribus with the html tags. This so that we can ties
> the content of a document with a web site.

HTML import is only in CVS, do you mean you are working with CVS or the
unused HTML import code in 1.2. Its improved in CVS if so. The import
already creates paragraph styles for the HTML tags, but as above, any
enhancements, please send them along and we can consider and hopefully
include in CVS and then maybe in 1.2.1.

regards
Craig