[Scribus] Solaris 10 SPARC - Maybe not

Rainer Heilke rheilke
Sat Apr 2 19:05:14 CEST 2005

My apologies; I had wanted to send this off last weekend, but I've been
trying to figure out what changed on my system.

After getting a successful compile and run a couple weeks back, when I
tried to do my monthly newsletter last weekend, Scribus wouldn't run
again. It keeps crashing at the same "Searching for fonts" point it did
when I originally got a successful compile. The only thing I can think
of, is that I may have done an "smpatch update" between the successful
run and last weekend. I don't know why this would crash it again, but
there you go. I tried a new compile a couple days ago, and I ran another
smpatch update last night, but it isn't helping. I double-checked to
make sure that my PATH was correct, etc. There is one thing that seems
odd, and I will explore it further, and that is that I have both a
/opt/sfw and /usr/sfw directory hierarchies, with some (but not all)
commands, etc. duplicated. Very strange.

So, back to the drawing board... Just thought I'd let you know, in case
someone was wondering about the status.

Rainer Heilke

PS I'm waiting for the newest Solaris Express. Maybe a complete rebuild
will clean things up.