[Scribus] Re: what to do about the color palette?

PLinnell mrdocs
Sun Apr 10 16:48:28 CEST 2005

On Sunday 10 April 2005 16:20, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> Joe Richards wrote:
> > I'm used to working in documents that have 3-5 colors. With a
> > list that short, the actual color arrangement in the list is of
> > little consequence.  As a matter of habit, I always remove all
> > unused colors, especially before sending a job to press-assuming
> > I'm sending native files.

This is good advice with any DTP application before sending native
files.

> > The color palette in 1.2.1 functions in a way that I find very
> > useful. I can remove all unused colors, then go back and add a
> > new one.  The color picker allows me to select from the different
> > color sets (X11, Gnome, SVG).
>

> This sounds like a job for the wiki -- I'm not sure I'm using
> features to their best advantage.  Probably most of us only use a
> few colors in any given document, but I fear that if I get rid of
> unused colors too soon I won't figure out how to get access to the
> big list again.  I see the "Append" button in the color editor, but
> that just brings up a file requestor -- what am I supposed to do
> with that?

The Append button is to bring in colors from another document.

This is especially useful for importing just the custom colors from
one doc to another. This has been in the color palette in Scribus
since early days... im guessing 0.4 or 0.5.

To get back the "big list", just Go Edit > Colors >  and select a
color set from the drop down box on the upper right.

By the way, I am adding Open Office colors to 1.2.2 and 1.3.0 cvs

See: http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=1857

Cheers,
Peter