[Scribus] Wiki: man pages

Craig Ringer craig
Fri Apr 22 11:38:35 CEST 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-22 at 03:51 -0400, Marvin Dickens wrote:

> Maciej, the man page is most excellent! May I suggest the possibility of
> adding a reference to scripting due to the power that this feature adds to
> the application.

Let's keep the man page short and succinct. Its purpose is to provide
directions to more information about Scribus, plus information such as
command line arguments that is of immediate usage to a user who's likely
to be reading the `man' page. Hence the focus on arguments and
environment variables.

Translators have quite enough of a job already without us duplicating
information.

That said, adding an adjective such as 'scriptable' in the brief
description seems like a good idea.

--
Craig Ringer