[Scribus] Scribus1.3.0 -- paragraph styles in incoming text

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Tue Aug 2 15:48:55 CEST 2005

Hi Peter,

> My impression is that Scribus has been written (so far) primarily for people producing graphic-rich brochures etc and not for those like me who handle technical documents with large amounts of text that is full of italics, subscripts, symbols and the like. Although it is probably very good at doing the former task, from my perspective it seems like Scribus has lots of bells & whistles but there is still a wheel missing  ;)

I hate to disagree, but there's no wheel missing. You are simply trying
to hit a nail to the wall with a screwdriver. IOW, you are using the
wrong tool. For your purpose, LaTeX seems to be the ideal solution. It
has been used for more than twenty years in scientific and technical
writing and it is unlikely anything better will ever show up, since it
is almost free of bugs.

Christoph