[Scribus] Wiki Spam

Benjamin Green ben
Wed Dec 14 00:21:15 CET 2005

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 21:57:17 -0000, Ludi Maciel <iludi at uol.com.br> wrote:

> Well, the amarok team is facing the same kind of thing, they are also
> looking
> for a solution.
> MediaWiki is not going to do anything to help out. The only solution so
> far is
> hack the mediawiki code to make Captcha works.
> http://www.fxparlant.net/Captcha15
> So if you are a php expert and got a lot of free time avaliable...
>
> Ludi

This is certainly true for automated spam from spam-bots, but not against
human attacks. What exactly are we getting for the Scribus Wiki though?

I have been impressed with the text based CAPTCHA in
http://tavi.sourceforge.net/WikkiTikkiTavi , the only one I have seen that
doesn't use bitmapped graphics.

Ben Green