[Scribus] KDE 3.5 based advanced Linux Desktop released

Łukasz Jernaś deejay1
Tue Dec 27 10:34:21 CET 2005

Dnia wtorek, 27 grudnia 2005 06:47, Nigel Ridley napisa?:
> Sagara Wijetunga wrote:
> > Tomahawk Computers (www.tomahawkcomputers.com),
> > Singapore, released an advanced multimedia centric
> > Linux desktop distribution
> I checked their website but there seems to be a problem with the GPL -
> they only include the source code with the registered version.
> Have I misunderstood something or is this a violation of the GPL?

Hmm, not exactly - you can always ask for the source code, only if they refuse
to give it to you for a reasonable fee (if you have the binary packages and
only if) they'll break the GPL. Althoug this abstract
"The evaluation user agrees to either obtain a valid license from Tomahawk
Computers Pte Ltd, Singapore, before the expiry of the evaluation period OR
remove the software completely from the computer after the expiry of the
evaluation period." could break the GPL, you have to remove only their
proprietary software which could be included on the disc, they can't bind
this clause to the GPL AFAIK...

--
?ukasz [DeeJay1] Jerna?