[Scribus] Buying fonts where?

wayne iw
Thu Feb 10 02:51:01 CET 2005

On Wednesday 09 February 2005 01:39 pm, Russ wrote:

> On Wednesday 09 February 2005 12:39 pm, Peter Nermander wrote:
> > > Just a quick question, are you referring to a Corel product for Linux
> > > or will the Windows product allow the fonts to be installed in a Linux
> > > environment?
> >
> > I think he refers to any Corel product. I have an old Corel Draw 4 I got
> > from my dad and the second CD has a folder full of fonts. They are sorted
> > on type (TTF, Type 1 and something else) and then letter (A, B, C, D
> > etc). I just checked and it's over 3000 fonts at a total of 80 MB.
> >
> > The problem is that they really are to many and I don't know which ones
> > are good. In the manual there are samples of all the fonts but even that
> > is a pain to browse...
> >
> > Anyone have tips on fonts to look at? Are there any OSF/SC fonts in
> > there?
> >
> > (I've found Cheltenham to be a nice font with low x-height, but it
> > doesn't seem to have OSF which I really would like.)
> >
> > /Peter
>
> Thanks for the response. I'll look around for some old font. I think I may
> have any old font disc somewhere.

Check on ebay.com. There are lots of CorelDraw CDs for sale there. Make sure
you buy the Corel program CD and not a book about Corel. There are many
people selling books about Corel that may sound like it's the program itself.
I've used Corel fonts for many years now and have never had problems with
them.

Konqueror file manager will show a small preview of each font (both type 1 and
truetype).

Wayne