[Scribus] closing files without saving

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sat Feb 12 03:49:56 CET 2005

I wonder if anyone else has some occasional momentary confusion with the
popup that appears when you about to close a document or quit Scribus
and haven't saved.

First of all, it seems that the labels that Gimp or OOffice use are more
to the point: Save, Discard (or Discard Changes), and Cancel.  Scribus'
button 'Leave anyway' or 'Close anyway' seems rather weak (passive) and
not exactly to the point. I think it helps to see that warning that
something is about to be discarded.

Also the visual order is I think important: Save, then Discard, then
Cancel reading left to right makes more sense.

Sort of nitpicky, but it seems it wouldn't hurt to have some commonality
with other popular pieces of software. (I also don't know what these
translate to in other languages)

Greg