[Scribus] Looking for a way to import Word-Doc

Steven Boothe steven
Thu Feb 17 08:22:51 CET 2005

Craig Ringer wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-02-16 at 10:41 -0800, Russ wrote:
>

>>My big problem has been coverting my MS Pub documents, basically I
>>rebuilt them in Scribus.
>

> Unfortunately there aren't many options there. I expect it'd be possible
> to write an MS Publisher importer plugin, but one would need
> documentation on the format and a *lot* of time. Plus, if I recall
> correctly the Publisher format changes more version-to-version than most
> other DTP formats (which is saying something!) so one might end up
> writing more than one related importer. Ouch.
>
> Can you get the Publisher users to export their text content and images
> then provide you with a PDF proof? That's what I normally do here when
> advertisers try to send us MS Publisher despite the big red letters in
> our accepted formats list.

Yes, you might also consider how much help PDFcreator might offer as
well. This is basically a GPL'd distiller equivalent for windows. You
would just install this software and then print to it as if it was a
printer, which would result in your being prompted for the filename of
the PDF you are about to create. Find out more here:

Home page:
http://sector7g.wurzel6.de/pdfcreator/index_en.htm

Sourceforge project page:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/