[Scribus] good news for scribus ... (was: Re: custom hyphenation)

Helge Hielscher hhielscher
Fri Feb 18 11:46:55 CET 2005

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 15:20:12 -0800, Ciro A. Soto wrote:

> good news for scribus ...
>
> http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8098

I still wonder how one could do a book with scribus. Last time I tried to
create a 4-page DIN-A4-sized document: I failed b/c scribus 1.2.1 was
1) much to slow when I changed styles in the text editor (I don't have
enough time to wait for more than a minute for every change to a style)
2) editing and changing styles in the WYSIWYG view was even more painfull: I
had to do all selections with the keyboard b/c the mouse selected from the
cursor backwards but the cursor was forwards. Selecting text and changing
the style (e.g. line spacing) didn't work at all.

Don't get me wrong I love to work with scribus for one page documents and
I can say that the combination of inkscape and scribus is more powerful
than Freehand ? what I used before, but I am curious on how people use
Scribus to do multiple page documents.

As we speak about the topic: when may we test scribus 1.3cvs, all I read
so far is that almost everything got improved.

Regards,
Helge