[Scribus] suse 9.2

bart at solozone.com bart
Fri Jan 14 01:42:02 CET 2005

Thanks much for the feedback on 9.2 (a bit off topic but Scribus runs on SOMETHING not by itself!).
I know 9.1 has a very funny way of reading usb devices with a full vendor name as the file name rather than the old
/media/sda ../sda1 ../sda2 ../sdb etc etc
which is unintentionally comical. I have it on my 9.1 (this message is from 9.0 which I hate to leave behind; it has been so good to me)

The point about the kernel is do they bifurcate the kernel somehow with Novell taking something extra? On this P-IV with hyper-thread I use the smb4G kernel and otherwise the kernel-default (which they endlessly send out security patches for)

I love SuSE and I like YAST (now open source) and I do not particularly wish to switch unless I must.

Gcc is a problem sometimes as other stuff may fail (e.g MPlayer which compiles on my 9.1 but not 9.0). Anyway these further points are off topic and will not ask for more.

Thanks again.

BArt Alberti