[Scribus] Printer dialog - no duplex

Craig Ringer craig
Mon Jan 24 14:41:17 CET 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-24 at 12:01 +0100, Eilert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just a question: When I have a duplex printer and installed the ppd for
> it, should the duplex option appear in the printer dialog or not?

It certainly appears for me with my duplex-capable laser. I have to go
into the 'Options...' section of the dialog, it's not available on the
main dialog, but it's definitely supported.

> We've got a new copier that has a duplex and a network connection. I've
> installed the ppd, and standard printing runs properly. However, I'm
> missing the special options this printer could offer, i. e. duplex or
> combining A4 pages on A3 etc.

In general I've found I can do everything I can do in my MacOS9
machines' print dialogs using Scribus and CUPS. I can do n-up printing
here even with my old HP LaserJet 4MV, so I suspect CUPS might be able
to do that internally. I don't know if there's anything that's not
supported by Scribus or CUPS in the PPD files. You certainly should be
able to use duplex mode.

Make sure your Scribus is compiled with CUPS support or none of those
options will be available. You can tell if it supports CUPS in the "Help
-> About Scribus" dialog - the 'C-C-T' or 'C-*-T' code near the build-ID
and build date will tell you. Mouse over it for details. There should
also be a button named 'options' beside the printer selection pulldown
in the print dialog if CUPS support is enabled.

--
Craig Ringer