[Scribus] Scribus 1.2.1 Problems with PDF export

Richard Hammerl ric
Mon Jul 4 14:42:45 CEST 2005

Hi to all,

I am reading the mailing list since some weeks and I'm impressed
of it. Working with Scribus is fun. There is only old CorelDraw that
brings me back sometimes from Linux to Windows, but now I hope
I can sort out my old Windows machine soon. :-)
But, I' m experiencing a problem with a PDF file exported by scribus.
The file contains a color gradient from red to white and this seems
to be a problem for my printing shop. They work with Quark Express
for Mac. Are there any known issues?
The pdf file looks fine in Acrobat Reader (versions 7 and 5), I can see
it without problems in gv. Even Preview on Mac shows it correctly.
Xpdf has problems and does not show the pdf file correctly. There
are two logos displayed as black boxes. The color gradient looks ok....

The pdf format is 1.3, it's a very simple label for a CD, two colors
black and red. Fonts are embedded....
Has anybody an idea what I could do or try else? Thanks in advance.

--
Best regards
Richard Hammerl