[Scribus] quotes and ligatures

David Soukal david.soukal
Mon Jul 4 17:43:38 CEST 2005

Hello,

while reading the discussion of the automation of quotation mark
replacement, I realized that it would also be nice if Scribus could
(automatically or on demand) replace ligatures.

This is a not a big deal since one can use "Find and replace" to do the
job. However, for larger amount of text this can be tedious. Also, not
all groups of "ff" and "fl" should be replaced. In the final product, :)
it would be nice to have some sort of dictionary for words in which
groups of letters are not ligatures...

And there's the problem that not all fonts have ligatures so the
question is, what should happen when user switches from one font to
another; one that has ligatures to another that does not (or vice versa).

This is just a suggestion if somebody decides to write a generic
context-dependent search-and-replace feature.

David